Master  >  MAEIS Trilingual studies  >  Fees & Funding



Tuition for the Master of Advanced European and International Studies - Trilingual Studies is 8 900 €.

This sum covers the following:

  • Teaching and individual mentoring
  • Career coaching
  • Accommodation in Berlin
  • All programme-related travels during the academic year
  • Study trip to Brussels, Strasbourg and Luxembourg: travel and accommodation
  • Participation in international seminars organised by CIFE and in conferences organised specifically for CIFE students
  • Access to libraries in each study destination
  • Free Wi-Fi access in all study locations; computer access in Nice
  • Administrative costs during the whole academic year

Other fees and living expenses to be taken into consideration:

  • Students have to cover the travel costs from their home town to the study location at the beginning and at the end of the academic year.
  • Visa fees, where necessary, are the student’s responsibility.
  • In Nice and Canterbury the accommodation is the students' responsibility. CIFE can provide a list of addresses and advise students on finding accommodation in both cities.
    - In Nice the costs for accommodation range between 250 € (for a room in a student residence) and 550 € per month (private students residences or shared flat).
    - In Canterbury, students may rent a PostGraduate room on the campus of the University of Kent for 550-600 £/ month.
  • Students have access to the university restaurants in Canterbury.
  • All students have to give proof of holding an international health insurance for all countries in which the programme takes place (France, UK, Germany/European Union)

Please note that the health insurance recommended for nationals of EU member states (or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland) is the cost-free European health insurance card, which needs to be ordered from the permanent country of residence of the student before the beginning of the academic year.  

French students as well as students coming from outside of the EU who are under 28 years old on 1st October of the current academic year and already have a bank account in France are eligible for the French Social Security scheme, which covers medical treatment and surgery (only in French).
Please contact the Student Service Manager of the programme who will be assisting the students during the process.

Subsequently they can apply for the cost-free European health insurance card which is valid in all Member States of the European Union. This card gives you access to medically necessary, state-provided healthcare during a temporary stay in any of the 28 EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, under the same conditions and at the same cost (free in some countries) as people insured in that country.
Please note that this card is not an alternative to travel insurance.

If the student cannot take up any of these options, he/she will have to obtain a health insurance from a private company.



There are different ways of funding your studies. Scholarships covering the total or partial costs of tuition and living expenses can be granted by different organisations depending on the nationality of the applicant.
There is also a limited number of scholarships that can be awarded by CIFE to particularly qualified candidates who are not able to cover the cost of their studies. 

Scholarships from various organisations:
Scholarships covering the total or partial costs of tuition and living expenses can be granted by different organisations depending on the nationality of the applicant. These scholarships are not coordinated by CIFE and students are therefore advised to inquire about them on their own initiative. 

  • In some countries candidates may obtain scholarships from their universities or from different organisations and associations, national and international. If you want to apply for a scholarship to these institutions, please contact them directly.
  • Scholarships from the French Government can also be awarded to foreign students. Candidates should contact the cultural services at the French Embassy in their country where they may obtain useful information on the procedures to follow. The deadline for applications for scholarships from the French Government is the end of the calendar year preceding the academic year you apply for. 
  • For more information on scholarships please visit Campus France, an operator of the French state that manages scholarships granted by both the French and foreign governments to foreign students staying in France .
  • Students who hold a French social security number can apply for the housing allowance provided by the French state, CAF (Only in French)
  • Candidates can also request student loans from banks  in their country of residence.

Please note that unfortunately French students enrolled at CIFE cannot apply for a CROUS scholarship.

CIFE Scholarship Fund: 
Candidates who are not able to obtain a scholarship from one of the above mentioned organisations may ask for financial aid from CIFE. The application is open to candidates of all nationalities.

Two different scholarships are available for candidates who are not able to cover the costs of their studies and stay:
1. Scholarships from the CIFE Fund for a reduction of study fees.
2. Scholarships from the CIFE-Kent Fund: scholarship to cover the cost of accommodation at the University of Kent, during the second term of the programme.

To be eligible for the CIFE Fund Scholarship, the candidate must:
1. Fulfill all admission requirements
2. Show a strong commitment to the idea of the programme
3. Be unable to obtain any other form of financial aid (private or government fellowships, personal income, parents’ help, etc.)

Application procedure:
Candidates for the scholarship must submit their application form (to be found at the end of the page) to CIFE accompanied by the documents mentioned below. Please note that to apply for both of the scholarships the candidate has to fill in two forms. The documents may be written in English, French or German. Documents in other languages need to be translated, into English or French.

1. A letter giving detailed information relating to the personal circumstances (for example: Do you have any brothers and sisters? Are they still studying? Outline your various daily expenditures. Do you live with your parents? Do your parents have to provide for anybody else? etc.)

2. All documents proving that your request is justified (for example, your bank statements, a letter stating the annual income of your parents, etc.)

Please note that it is recommended that you send the scholarship application(s) together with the general application. If you are applying online, please send the scholarship application together with the required documents as soon as possible after you have submitted your online application or latest on 15 June 2019
Whatever the case, applications and requests for financial aid should reach CIFE as early as possible in order to have the best chances of success. 

You can send the application with all the supporting documents by e-mail to or by regular mail to: 

 CIFE - Institut européen • European Institute
 Student services/ Trilingual Studies
 81, rue de France
 06000 Nice, France

Only students applying for CIFE's Master in Advanced European and International Studies are eligible to receive these scholarships.

Application form:
CIFE Fund Scholarship        or   

CIFE-Kent Fund Housing Scholarship        or