Master  >  Master in Global Energy Transition and Governance  >  Fees & Funding



Tuition for the Master in Global Energy Transition and Governance is 8 900 €.

This sum covers the following:

  • Teaching and individual mentoring
  • Career coaching
  • Accommodation in Berlin
  • All programme-related travels during the academic year
  • Study trip to Brussels: travel and accommodation
  • Several field trips to Leipzig, Feldheim, Tricastin (destinations subject to change): travel and accommodation
  • Participation in international seminars organised by CIFE and in conferences organised specifically for CIFE students
  • Access to libraries in each study destination
  • Free Wi-Fi access in all study locations; computer access in Nice
  • Administrative costs during the whole academic year

Other fees and living expenses to be taken into consideration (Click to read more):

  • Students have to cover the travel costs from their home town to the study location at the beginning and at the end of the academic year.
  • Visa fees, where necessary, are the student’s responsibility.
  • In Nice the accommodation is the students' responsibility. CIFE can provide a list of addresses and advise students on finding accommodation.
  • All students have to give proof of holding an international health insurance.

Please note that the health insurance recommended for nationals of EU member states (or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland) is the cost-free European health insurance card, which needs to be ordered from the permanent country of residence of the student before the beginning of the academic year.  

French students as well as students coming from outside of the EU who are under 28 years old on 1st October of the current academic year and already have a bank account in France are eligible for the French Social Security scheme, which covers medical treatment and surgery (only in French). Please contact the Student Service Manager of the programme who will be assisting the students during the process.

Subsequently they can apply for the cost-free European health insurance card which is valid in all Member States of the European Union. This card gives you access to medically necessary, state-provided healthcare during a temporary stay in any of the 28 EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, under the same conditions and at the same cost (free in some countries) as people insured in that country. Please note that this card is not an alternative to travel insurance.

If the student cannot take up any of these options, he/she will have to obtain a health insurance from a private company.




There are different ways of funding your studies. Scholarships covering the total or partial costs of tuition and living expenses can be granted by different organisations depending on the nationality of the applicant.

Scholarships from various organisations:
Scholarships covering the total or partial costs of tuition and living expenses can be granted by different organisations depending on the nationality of the applicant. These scholarships are not coordinated by CIFE and students are therefore advised to inquire about them on their own initiative. 

  • In some countries candidates may obtain scholarships from their universities or from different organisations and associations, national and international. If you want to apply for a scholarship to these institutions, please contact them directly.
  • Scholarships from the French Government can also be awarded to foreign students. Candidates should contact the cultural services at the French Embassy in their country where they may obtain useful information on the procedures to follow. The deadline for applications for scholarships from the French Government is the end of the calendar year preceding the academic year you apply for. 
  • For more information on scholarships please visit Campus France, an operator of the French state that manages scholarships granted by both the French and foreign governments to foreign students staying in France .
  • Students who hold a French social security number can apply for the housing allowance provided by the French state, CAF (Only in French)
  • Candidates can also request student loans from banks  in their country of residence.

Please note that unfortunately French students enrolled at CIFE cannot apply for a CROUS scholarship.