Is the graduate programme of the IE-EI recognised by the French state?
Yes. Students who successfully complete the programme receive the degree qualification "Chargé de mission en organisations européennes et internationales" (Policy Officer in European and International Organisations). This degree is recognised by the French state as a qualification of the Master level. It corresponds to the Level 7 of the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). For more information on the recognition framework of the IE-EI please see the relevant page of our website.

Will my home university accept the Master degree of the IE•EI?
The Master in European and International Studies is equivalent to 60 ECTS points. The ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) has been created by the European Commission in order to ensure that University degrees and studies are recognised on an international level.

What kind of University degree is the condition for applying for the Master?
The programme is open to all students with a university degree (no matter what discipline).

I had English classes at school but I don’t have any further language certificate. Do I have to pass a TOEFL test?
If you do not have a language certificate from an Institute like the British Council to prove your linguistic competence, you can attach documents by professors or by an Anglophone University certifying that you participated in classes held in this language for at least one year.

How can I apply?
You can find the application form on our website: www.ie-ei.eu. Choose first MASTER, then MAEIS - European Integration and Global Studies, finally "How to apply".

I haven’t finished my studies yet, and I won’t have my degree on time to respect the deadline for applying to your programme. Can I apply in spite of this?
Yes, you can. The only thing we need is a document certifying that you are enrolled in a University.

What is passive knowledge of a language?
You have passive knowledge of a language when you are able to understand it well, but not necessarily to speak and write it.

What is active knowledge of a language?
Active knowledge means you are also capable of speaking and writing the language yourself.

Will my travel expenses be refunded, if I do not join the group for the journey, for example to go to Berlin?
No. If you want the travel expenses to be paid by the IE•EI you have to travel with the group.

Can I view the study programme on the internet?
You can find the current weekly programme on our website www.ie-ei.eu. Chose MASTER, then MAEIS - European Integration and Global Studies, then “Weekly programme”.

Is there free internet access for the IE•EI students?
Yes, the IE•EI provides them with computers with internet access as well as with a secured WIFI access for laptops.

Can I adhere to the French Social Security Scheme?
If you are younger than 28 years, you can, at your own charge, adhere to the French social security scheme for students.

I studied at the IE•EI and would like to keep in contact with the other students. What can I do?
On our website www.ie-ei.eu under ALUMNI, you can find the link to our Alumni website. Here you can network with other members, keep up-to-date with news, visit your group homepages, and find out about upcoming events.

In which professional sectors do IE•EI graduates work?
The graduates of IE•EI Master’s programme work as Senior officials in European institutions, policy officers within the UN framework, administrators, diplomats, consultants, researchers for think tanks, lobbyists, academic experts. For more details you may also consult our website www.ie-ei.eu. Here see ALUMNI, then WHERE DO THEY WORK NOW?

Can I contact the IE•EI?
Yes, you are welcome to do so.
CIFE Institut européen•European Institute
Service scolarité
81, rue de France
06000 Nice, France
E-Mail: melanie.hobaoloc@cife.eu