Master  >  MAEIS Trilingual studies  >  FAQ - Frequently asked questions



MAEIS, Trilingual studies - FAQ


Is the postgraduate programme of the IE-EI recognised by the French state?

Yes. Students who successfully complete the programme receive the postgraduate degree qualification "Chargé de mission en organisations européennes et internationales" (Policy Officer in European and International Organisations). This degree is recognised by the French state as a qualification equivalent to a Master level. It corresponds to the Level 7 of the European Qualifications Framework (EQF). For more information on the recognition framework of the IE-EI please see the relevant page of our website.

Will my home university accept the Master degree of the IE•EI?

The MAEIS Trilingual studies, is equivalent to 60 ECTS credit points. The ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) has been created by the European Commission in order to ensure that University degrees and studies are recognised on an international level.

What kind of University degree is the condition for applying for the Master?

The programme is open to all students with a university graduate degree (Bachelor), no matter what discipline.

How can I apply?

You can find the application form on our website, here.

I haven’t finished my studies yet, and I won’t have my degree on time to respect the deadline for applying to your programme. Can I apply in spite of this?

Yes, you can. The only thing we need is a document certifying that you are enrolled in the last year of your degree.

Could the term at the University of Kent be affected by Brexit?

No. According to the British government (see here), the regulations regarding the stay of EU and overseas students in British Universities are staying the same a least until the end of the academic year 2018-19.

Moreover, from the intellectual point of view, a stay in England during the Brexit negociation process will be a unique academic experience.


What is passive knowledge of a language?

You have passive knowledge of a language when you are able to understand it well, but not necessarily to speak and write it.

What is active knowledge of a language?

Active knowledge means you are also capable of speaking and writing the language yourself.

Why is it necessary to present an Secure English Language Test certificate?

It is required by our partner, the University of Kent, for registration to the second term of the programme. (Exemptions may be granted.) It is also necessary for most non EU students to apply for UK visa. (see Admission Requirements)

I had German/French classes at school but I don’t have any further language certificate. Do I have to pass a test at the Goethe Institut/Institut Français …?

If you do not have an language certificate from an official institute (like the Institut Français, Goethe-Institut, DAAD etc.) to prove your linguistic competence in these two languages, you can attach documents by professors or by a French, or German University certifying that you participated in classes held in this language for at least one year. An official certificate is only necessary for English. (see Admission Requirements.)

Accommodation and travel

How can I find an accommodation in Nice?

The IE•EI Secretariat cannot undertake to organise for your accommodation but can provide you with address lists if you ask us to do so.

How can I find an accommodation in Canterbury?

During the registration process at the University of Kent for the second term, you will be proposed an accommodation on campus.

How can I find an accommodation in Berlin?

It is not necessary. CIFE provides accommodation in Berlin and take it in charge.

Will my travel expenses be refunded, if I do not join the group for the journeys between the different locations?

No. If you want the travel expenses to be paid by the IE•EI you have to travel with the group.


Can I view the study programme on the internet?

You can find the current weekly programme on our website Chose MASTER, then  MAEIS TRILINGUAL STUDIES, then “Weekly programme”.

Is there free internet access for the IE•EI students?

Yes, the IE•EI provides them with computers with internet access as well as with a secured WIFI access for laptops.

Can I adhere to the French Social Security Scheme?

If you are younger than 28 years, you can, at your own charge, adhere to the French social security scheme for students.


I studied at the IE•EI and would like to keep in contact with the other students. What can I do?

On our website under ALUMNI, ALUMNI NETWORK you can find the link to our Alumni website. Here you can network with other members, keep up-to-date with news, visit your group homepages, and find out about upcoming events.

In which professional sectors do IE•EI graduates work?

The graduates of IE•EI Master’s programme work as Senior officials in European institutions, policy officers within the UN framework, administrators, diplomats, consultants, researchers for think tanks, lobbyists, academic experts. For more details you may also consult our website

Can I contact the IE•EI?

Yes, you are welcome to do so.
CIFE - Institut européen • European Institute
Service scolarité
81, rue de France
06000 Nice, France